Pro Disc Golfer
Kansas and disc golf go together like Kansas and BBQ. Don’t believe it? That’s where Eric “E-Mac” McCabe is from, and he is the 2010 World Champion, the 2009 Mixed Doubles World Champion, the 2009 Gentlemen’s Club Champion, and, well, you get the point.
Since Eric first got into disc golf back in 1995, he’s been pretty good. Since turning pro in 2000, he’s been pretty damn good. In 2008, Eric won his first Major by capturing the Players Cup, which capped off a great overall season for him. From there, his hard work has been paying off in wins. Catch him in 2012 as part of the Discraft Elite Team, and of course, part of our team here at Cushe.
If you are looking for some good spots to play a round of disc golf, here are some of Eric’s favorites:
- Milo McIver - Estacada, OR – “This is a beautiful course just outside Portland OR, home of the Beaver State Fling National Tour Event. The course has pretty much every type of shot and is one of the fairest courses I've played.”
- DeLaveaga - Santa Cruz, CA – “Wide variety of shots, Every hole is a signature hole, with the 27th hole 'top of the world' having the most scenic view on a disc golf course.”
- Blue Ribbon Pines -Twin Cities, MN – “A well manicured course on a sod farm. Hole four is the most picturesque hole I've ever seen. It’s a 400+ foot hole with 80 foot pine trees lining the fairway.”
- Maple Hill - Leicester, MA – “Just outside Boston MA, and home of the Vibram Open National Tour. The course is beautiful and championship caliber in every way with a great use of elevation, ponds, and wooded areas.”
- Water Works - Kansas City, MO – “A unique course with tons of elevation on pretty much every hole. Hole one has a great view of downtown KC.”
What is Eric wearing?
"My favorite pair of kicks are the Xsige WP! I LOVE the tread design, very grippy and super comfortable. I walk through all kinds of different terrains and the Xsige WP has not only been the most comfortable shoe, but give me great support and traction!"